Friday, May 25, 2012

FIND YOUR DESTINY/CALLING

How many of us know exactly what our God given destiny is? And how many of us are actually walking in that destiny? I heard someone make a statement the other day that touched me. She said, “The graves are filled with people who died with unfulfilled destinies”.
 So many times we hear the saying “The good die young”. I ask myself, “Did those people actually fulfill their destinies or where they in the middle of walking into their destinies or did they ever come to a realization of what their destinies were?” 

Some people ask me, “How do I discover my destiny?” Others ask, “What is my calling in this life?” If you are asking yourself any of these questions, start by thinking about all the things you love to do. What is that burden in your heart? What can you see yourself getting up every day to do and it would not seem to you like work? Mind you, anything worth doing is worth working hard for. What is that one thing that even when circumstances appear unfavorable and the terrain becomes difficult to navigate you would not mind doing? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE BORN TO DO?

Now I believe that there is a place for everyone in this world. Jesus knew exactly what his calling to this earth was. And He came and carried out his destiny and He was gone. DESTINY FULFILLED!


 I am also reminded of another person in the bible who tried everything not to carry out his destiny but no matter how he tried to escape, all roads led him back to his destiny. That person was Jonah. God had a specific calling for him but he did everything to escape his destiny, and when he did carry out his destiny he did it grudgingly. I am not going to go into the full story of Jonah but if you are not familiar with the story, revisit your bible.

 As for me, I learned what my calling was at the age of 11, but I was not sure and am still not sure how it will all come together. I am content with trusting God and allowing him to order my steps and lead me into my destiny. I know that I have not as much as touched the tip of my destiny. I am now starting to understand what God has called me to do, but right now I am still a student in the school of destiny discovery and when that time comes, He and He alone will show me in which direction I should go.

 Therefore, you must first ask God to show you where He wants you to be. Trust me, He will start aligning things and people to help you discover and walk into your destiny. So become a student. You yourself must learn about the things you love to do. Find out what you have a burden in your heart to do, and start taking baby steps and soon you will be walking in your calling.
Until next time, peace, love and hair grease.
#ROCKSTEADY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, My Daughter, You brought back memories, and overwhelming tears of joy. It is inspirational..We can't forget our humble begining. To Him alone I give the Glory honor and adoration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...