Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Signature Restaurant review!

Hello foodies!
I am back with another restaurant review.

Fyi, my restaurants are randomly selected. I decided to do it that way so I do not show any bias towards the restaurants.  I have already visited several restaurants in the Houston area since I moved here but now the difference is I am using a fresh palate to experience the foods. This time around it is more business than pleasure.
Ok moving right along.

Signature restaurant is located on 10898 S. Gessner Rd, Houston, Texas 77071. I don't believe they have a website because I was unable to locate one.

The exterior of signature did not really match what I would have considered for an African restaurant. It looks more like a cross between Chinese and a Tiki bar restaurant. I was not impressed at all by the exterior, I was hoping to be dazzled by the interior. But you guess it! Ding, ding, ding, I was definitely not impressed with what I saw with the interior. If not for the fact that I am doing restaurant reviews, I probably would have walked out.

First of all, nobody greeted me at the door, the tables were not cleaned properly so I had to play "find the cleanest table". After I sat myself, it took the waiter at least 10 min to come to my table and he came without a menu. I asked to see a menu, and he glanced at me as if he was seeing a ghost. He goes to look for a menu and I watch as he literately searched high and low for a menu. He even looked in one of those transparent fridges. (I suppose they assume that everyone that comes there must be African and should know all the food choices). Hmmm? I digress!!

The ambiance was below average, it looked a bit dusty to me and the spacing between the chairs were tight. If another customer wanted to sit behind you it would be very uncomfortable. Funny thing a lady did try to sit in the next section behind me and I gave her that look like, are you really trying to squeeze in here. LOL!  She must have gotten the point because she moved to sit somewhere else. Bloop!

     I ordered a soup called Egusi Soupi , (clink the link to learn more about how the soup is made.) It took over 30min for the soup to come out and the excuse I was given was that the soup is freshly made, which I do not believe. If it was freshly made it would take longer to come out. #imjustsaying! The soup was just average nothing spectacular. The flavors were not exactly jumping in my mouth. And for soup that was supposedly freshly made, it did not come out steaming. I was so ready to get out of there. I did not enjoy the meal. On the up side my son eat all is Pounded Yam. Matter of fact he ate more than I did. Lol!

Overall, I was not impressed by Signature Restaurant. I probably would not go back. There are too many choices in Houston!


Until I eat out again peace yall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...